Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super 5k, Novi, Michigan - 5th February 2012

The prize, holding some fine
CJ's American Wheat 
First run of the year, a nice week 5k on the morning of Superbowl Sunday. I wasn't expecting too much from this one as getting an opportunity to train has been kinda tough, but what the hell. I also decided that I was going to run this one in the VFF's.

Got there, place was mobbed, the route was simple lollipop, out and back, with a couple of small hills, passing right past my office, coincidentally. It was a little icy underfoot, which along with the huge crowd, made for some interesting corners. All in all, an uneventful race, apart from a twinge in my left calf around 2.5 miles.

Post race the snacks were ok and I got a couple of questions about the VFF's. I went home, helped prepare for the Superbowl and sank a couple of well earned beers.

Got a cool long sleeved tech shirt and a beer glass.

Pace 8:43, time 27:01.5, 72/121 in my age group and 703/1963 overall, not great but not too shabby.

Here is how Endomondo saw it - http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/v36n4rmC0iU, and Garmin - http://connect.garmin.com/dashboard?cid=1113210

White tech shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment