Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2013 and all that...

So here we are in 2013 and my grand plan for running is gradually falling apart, one missed run at a time. I started out in great form, out running in the snow, freezing cold with my new hydration system and then the really crappy temperature and conditions hit and all hell broke loose. It only takes a couple of days for things to things to really fall apart and before you know it you are horribly behind. And then I ran 3.5 miles outside on the morning of Superbowl Sunday, I was very pleased, it went well and I felt that I might just be able to get the wheels back onto the bus and get going, and then I managed to roll my ankle going down stairs to put some clothes in the dryer. Jeez, wtf, I run almost four miles in ice and snow, cross country, without issue and bugger my ankle going down stairs that I have went down literally thousands of times before...

Update January 12th - went to see the doctor yesterday, just over a week after it happened. The nurse decided that maybe the doctor would like see an x-ray, just in case, so we did. After a while he eventually decided to join me and after a brief examination he declared that I may have some ligament damage so no running for another three weeks and maybe an MRI, for good measure.

So right now, I have a number of races in jeopardy...

Gutted...

2 comments:

  1. 3 weeks isn't so long in the big scheme of things, ankle feeling better yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. The ankle is doing much better thanks. I suspect I may even attempt a short run on Monday night, but we'll see. I don't want to rush it though.

      Delete